Saturday, January 26, 2013

Simple Science for Toddlers: Magnets

I have seen this science activity in a number of places.
This week we finally got around to trying it ourselves.

First we picked out some pipe cleaners.

Then we cut them into pieces about 1" long
& put them into our bottle.
 
Then using a magnet we made our
fuzzy caterpillars crawl!
 
This activity didn't hold the Figlet's attention as long as I thought it would (she's 34 months) so I was pleasantly surprised when she got it out to show her Daddy when he arrived home. Since then she has played with it again & again! Science is fun!

4 comments:

  1. We also tried this experiment. I thought my lil guy would just love it...he did it a few minutes then moved on. So I was also pleasantly surprised when he asked to take it to show and tell at preschool one day.

    Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know others had a similar experience with a little one coming back to the activity. I think sometimes we (parents) can be a little too quick to judge an activity a success or failure.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE it! Going to put this on my "kid's activities" board on Pinterest. It's great for toddlers!

    ReplyDelete