Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Neighborhood Beautification Projects

 
I love our apartment, but the block that we live on is ugly. It is under an elevated train. It is poorly lit. Our front door has been graffiti tagged (along with most of our neighbors). There aren't any trees. But I love our apartment. I said that right? Tucked in behind the barber shop, with the mural of the dolphins, and the chickens in the back yard; this apartment feels right. It feels like home. I've tried to tell myself that it doesn't matter that outside the front door leaves much to be desired... But it does. So this summer I decided I'd change it at least a little bit; give our block some love and color and give the people who pass by a reason to smile.
No place is ugly where there are smiles.







No comments:

Post a Comment